Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Sometimes I just want to run away. I want to take off and run and run until I can't run anymore. Then I want to find a rock to hide under and after I catch my breath, I'll run some more. I'll keep running until I can't take one more step, then I'll run some more. You know, kinda like Forrest Gump. I love him!

I guess I run into these situations in my life that I can do absolutely NOTHING~ZILCH, ZIP, NADA, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING~ about. I can't change the situation, I can't change the person. My resources are exhausted! There's no air left. The ship is going down and there is not one life preserver to be found! Oh wait! There's God! God, where are you. Kinda need you down here right now! Pick ME! Pick ME! (My fav Shrekism!) Ahem! Anyone there? Silence!

What's a girl to do? I feel like my heart is breaking in pieces, especially when I see those I love in such dire situations, and I feel so powerless to help. I can't catch my breath and my chest feels like a deflating balloon as I watch this caos around me. So, what do you do? I've said all I can say, I've done all I can done, I've cried all the tears I can cry.

So, that is my solution! I'll run. In my mind anyway. Be swift, my feet! Run, Forrest, RUN!

1 comment:

kelly said...

i know just how you feel. sometimes it's hard to face life head on, sometimes i too would rather just run away!