Tuesday, June 13, 2006

I sit here with a cool breeze floating in, carrying aromas of fresh mowed grass, blossoming lilacs, and citronella candles. The citronella scent is bitter sweet, bitter because I only need it to chase away pesty mosquitos, and sweet because it means summer is here at last in Alaska. I thought it would never come this year!

I love the view from my window! I try to stop and enjoy it often because I know we will not be in this house forever. The serenity I feel helps me relax and reminds me to stop and enjoy the little moments of life. I look out over a green valley. There are mountains all around. I can see the Inlet and into Anchorage. At night, the traffic is visible in and out of Anchorage and the car lights look like fireflys dancing. I love the Alaskan mountains, and the range I look out on is my favorite! They are so dependable, unmoveable, rock solid! It is especially beautiful at night when the moon comes up over them and spills her light on them.

Now, if we could somehow add a hot beach with crashing waves and palm trees, that would be heaven!

No comments: